The clean up and finishing of the record room took a bit longer than I hoped but I should have known better since I do procrastinate a bit. There was a lot to do, and I documented each step so check it out!
Mr. Richard painted all the new crates we picked up. This meant all of the albums needed to be taken down and stored until the paint dried. Daria helped us out which is unusual, seeing as she normally avoids the camera like it’s going to attack her. Unless she’s eating cheese or trying for the bacon, then she’s so distracted she doesn’t care.
While everything was being put away again, it was the opportunity I needed to make sure everything was alphabetized. I had never organized the various artist albums so those all needed to be done and sometimes, albums get moved a little to the left, a little to the right so it was good to double check everything again. There were also stacks upon stacks in the living room that needed to be put away! Did you check out the videos on Instagram and Facebook that I posted while organizing? If not, hop on over to my social media pages. The videos are time lapsed so they’re really quite interesting.
Below is a collage of the room right before we started putting in the finishing touches. We had to run out and get a few more crates so everything would fit so it seemed like the right time to snap a few pictures to show how far I had come. Just about every 12″ was put away and our new curtains were also on the way. Of course they came on a day when Mr. Richard and I were both out. That almost never happens!
After the new crates were in place, the 12″ disc section was done (aside from stuff that’s in the living room in the to-be-catalogued pile) but there was still some work to do. The 7″ discs are still being cataloged so there’s some piles that didn’t fit where they should have. I tried to shelf as many of these piles but it’s hard to do since I can only catalog about 50 every two weeks. Anybody want to help me out? I have such a specific process, the roomie can’t even really figure it out!
As the weeks went on, I did get more put away and finalized some of the décor choices. The top right is a collage down the left wall of the room, the top pictures being the first shelving unit you see when you walk in. As you walk down that side of the room, you reach the second shelf for singles. As you can see, a ton of the piles are put away on the shelves and the curtains made it up!
Across from that wall is our daybed. Without my day job and the employee discount, I wouldn’t have been able to outfit the bed with all the pillows. It makes it super cozy and the large one is great for pulling onto the floor to sit on while you thumb through the crates. As much as I have a distain for having to help customers, the employee discount makes it worth it!
With all the different pillows, texture on the curtains and records themselves, the room has turned into this really comfortable, homey slightly bohemian place. You’ve see the yellow submarine decal before, but I managed to set out some books and hang the record frames too. Obviously, there’s still some work to do and I’m excited to set out some of our art on the shelves, but I’m really happy with the progress.